So a couple of weeks ago I was nominated by the lovely blogger and fellow Coconut Queen, Chelsea Hodges for the Liebster Award! What I like about this tag is that it encourages connection with bloggers that I would not have known about otherwise and across oceans.
It's a chance for you, dear readers, to get to know me a little better and also for other bloggers to connect.
Thank you Chelsea for nominating me and apologies for the tardiness!! Here goes:
Post 11 Facts About Yourself:
- I live in London.
- I have lived outside of the UK twice.
- I speak four other languages at varying degrees of fluency.
- I am a Sagittarius.
- I have practiced different types of dance for as long as I can remember. From ballet to samba.
- I am left-handed.
- I LOVE Mexican food.
- I am a wine snob - South American reds for the win!
- I always buy a copy of Vogue when I go abroad.
- The only other country I have travelled to where English was also the first language, is Scotland. Travelled mostly to Spanish speaking countries...
- I have been doing self-development since February 2016.
Answer the 11 Questions Your Nominator Asked:
- What made you start blogging? I have always loved writing but I started an actual blog to document my Year Abroad (a compulsory year for a languages degree) in Brazil.
- What is your favourite part of blogging? Seeing my ideas come to life and the online creative community.
- What's your favourite food? Enchiladas!!
- What is your dream job? Business owner and writer (realistic); actress (pipe dream).
- What was your favourite subject at school? English.
- What is your biggest fear? What comes with success.
- Morning bird or night owl? Morning bird! I cannot sleep past 7am!
- What's your least favourite part of blogging? Bots 🙄
- What post are you most proud of? Probably when I wrote about my self-development journey last summer.
- Do you have any tips for a beginning blogger? Oh I have many tips, but the most common thing I hear is that people want their first post to be perfect. It won't be! So my advice is: just start!
- What's your favourite social media to promote your blog on? Twitter for sure. The support on there is a-mazing!
Nominate 11 Other Bloggers
- This Last Moment
- Bunnies Are Magic
- Amy Ameldi
- Cook With Amore
- Grace Hebditch
- Alys George
- Smart World Citizen
- Charlotte Phillips
- The Girl On The Move
- John Sennett
- Nusha Blog
Ask Them 11 Questions:
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- Who was the first blogger you followed?
- What is your blogging message?
- What is your favourite app?
- Do you plan to blog full time?
- What is one blogger cliché that bugs you?
- What is one piece of advice you wish you had been given when you started blogging?
- If you were an app, which one would you be?
- Which camera do you prefer to use for your online work?
- Did you have any misconceptions of blogging before you started?
Let Them Know They’ve Been Nominated!
Want to join in? Pick a question and tweet/comment your answer!